UNIS Hanoi is an exceptional place to learn – It is the ideals and principles of the United Nations in action every day.
UNIS Hanoi is…
- One of only two United Nations schools in the world. The Principles of the United Nations are central to our identity, Mission and Values
- Fully accredited by CIS (Council for International Schools), WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and the only school in Hanoi accredited by the IBO (International Baccalaureate Organisation) to offer the full IB programme (Discovery to Grade 12)
- A not-for-profit school. Tuition fees are invested directly in providing the highest quality education and inquiry based learning environment for all our students
- The original IB World School in Asia, and the first international school in Hanoi, founded in 1988 in partnership between the United Nations Development Programme, UNICEF and the Vietnamese Ministry of Training and Education (MoET) (see our Brief History for more)
- A truly diverse international community with more than 60 nationalities and 40 mother tongues represented
- Non-selective for entry to our Diploma Programme, encouraging all students to excel and with a School diploma average well above the world average.